2 mm (0.08 inch) thin
BLE + RFID + NFC
18+ month battery life **
** POWER SAVING MODE: ON, INTERVAL: 550MS, DAILY USAGE: 8 HRS
You won’t believe how much
we’ve packed into such a small device.
Stay safe from security threats
Make your beacon infrastructure secure against any attacks with the world’s most bulletproof beacon encryption and ID shuffling.
A beacon that fits everywhere
Slip a lanyard through the hole, put it inside your belongings, or stick your beacon to the wall for the most low-profile look a beacon can possibly have.
Two technologies in one device
Add even more context to your beacon with the built-in RFiD and NFC tag.
Save battery life
Extend the default 18-month battery life* by setting your beacons to broadcast less frequently when they don’t move or simply switch them off when you don’t use them.
*POWER SAVING MODE: ON, INTERVAL: 550MS, DAILY USAGE: 8 HRS
Don’t limit yourself to either Eddystone or iBeacon
Broadcast iBeacon and all Eddystone frames together or just the ones you need.
Let it move
Attach the Card Beacon to any moving asset and track its location with the Kontakt.io Gateway.
All of your favorite beacon use cases plus more:
A new way to improve workplace efficiency and staff security with smart data
The thinnest beacon you can stick to your inventory and tools to keep track of them
Transform customer loyalty as never before.
Making healthcare more efficient and personalized.
Enrich event attendee experience with greater context while they’re on the move.
Power your hardware with our user-friendly software
- 1. Manage your beacon infrastructure in the PanelConfigure, share, and monitor your beacons in our web-based app.
- 2. Update your beacons on the go with our Admin AppsQuickly check and update your beacons with our apps for iOS and Android.
- 3. Keep track of your beacon healthGet real-time notifications when your battery level drops too low.
- 4. Shuffle beacon identifiersSchedule your beacons to change their identifiers and MAC addresses every day to protect them from security threats.
- 5. Update your beacons without going on siteWith our SDK, your app users can seamlessly collect information about your beacons and update their configuration just by passing by.
- 6. Share your infrastructureRent out your fleet securely, to anyone inside or outside your organization and still control your whole network with our API.
- 7. Build on top of our robust API and SDKsDon’t reinvent the wheel. Easily integrate our software with your current IT stack. Build your solution with the Kontakt.io API or SDK features to get the most out of your infrastructure.
Combine Card Beacon with Gateway for location tracking
- 1. LocateUse the Kontakt.io Location Engine to know where your beacons are in real time.* Learn more* Software gateway available in the kontakt.io app. Hardware gateway comming soon
- 2. AnalyzeGather and analyze data about the location of your beacons and their performance using the Kontakt.io Panel or API.
- 3. TriggerWhen a beacon enters or exits a specified region, you can trigger real-world actions (such as sending an email, opening a door, or switching off the lights etc.) wherever and whenever you want.
Order beacons with preconfigured profiles, identifiers, and settings, so you don’t have to do it by yourself.
We ship to any place in the world within a few business days. Shipping cost is always $20.
Made in Europe
Every single beacon—from the hardware to our in-house R&D, design, engineering, and operations-is made in Europe.
Get white-label boxes or print custom labels to help with deployment.
Card beacons come with a 12-month warranty on the hardware, excluding batteries.
Focus on your core strengths instead of dealing with beacon deployment and maintenance by yourself. We’ll take care of your infrastructure.
Let us customize the packaging to reflect your brand and then drop ship each box directly to the end destination.
Calculate the expected lifetime of your Card Beacon fleet
Card Beacon lets you extend the 18-month battery life by switching your beacon off when not in use. You can even use Location Engine Triggers to optimize the broadcast rate as needed.
- Dialog Semiconductor DA14580
- Bluetooth Low Energy wireless technology 2.4GHz RF
- Frequency - 125KHz
- Type - 2
- Up to 50 meters
- -20 dBm or 0 dBm
- -93 dBm
Dimensions and weight
- 85.8 mm (3.38 in)
- 54 mm (2.13 in)
- 2 mm (0.08 in)
- 10 grams (0.35 oz)
- Weight (with case)
- 20 grams (0.70 oz)
- On/Off switch
Battery and Power
- Lithium Manganese Dioxide Battery - capacity 320 mAh
- Battery life about 8 months (without power the saving feature), > 1 year with power saving
- Operating temperature
- -20°C / +60°C (-4°F / +140°F)
- Storage temperature
- -5°C / +35°C (23°F / +95°F)
- from 0% up to 95%